Tuesday, November 21, 2006

My lazy dinner


It has been over a month since I last used my wok because I have been travelling. Now that I am home, it's still very hard to get motivated to cook myself a good meal. Today I improved slightly from being totally lazy, I actually cooked some frozen gyoza, and also some frozen thai style green beans that I bought from Trader Joe's. I also had to make some brown rice to go with my meal. Since the cooking really didn't take too long, I decided to make a nice presentation of the meal using the new white square plates I recently purchased. The green beans from Trader Joe's turned out to be really tasty, however, it is still not as spicy or as fragrant as the belacan we get in Penang. I am not complaining though, since it only took 8 minutes to cook that dish.

To finish off dinner, I decided to use a smaller plate and top it up with some chocolate cake, accompanied with some vanilla ice cream and blueberries. Yummy! Not bad for a dinner that didn't take too much effort to prepare. :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hold your appetite for the upcoming thanksgiving dinner. That mean will take 2 days to prepare, the stuffing has been made today... :)

riviera said...

Ah gilr, you want to beat 'Citreon' of Malaga in food presentation?

Hey Pei Sun,
daddy and mummy wanna join the thanksgiving dinner too :)

Unknown said...

choon ping... why did you write the comment under my name ahh?!

Unknown said...

oh yes. daddy and mummy, you're welcome to join us... virtually for sure... :)

Unknown said...

yes definitely nice presentation.