Thursday, November 30, 2006

Final harvest

Today I harvested all the fruits of our labor from our garden. We planted corn, carrots, several different peppers, cherry tomatoes in our little plot. The weather has been so cold that all the plants did not look happy. I think my favorite crop is the carrot. You plant some seeds, and couple of months later, you get these big fat carrots! It's weird that eventhough the leaves are of the same height for all the carrots, they vary quite a lot in size.

The other day, we harvested our first carrot when choonping and peisun were here. It was pretty sweet and crunchy. Luckily the carrot we picked to harvest turn out to be one of the bigger ones, as we had to share it four ways.

Poor Eeyore can't get to the carrot! No wonder he's always depress..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah girl ,like you, I also like the big fat carrots. The peppers look like our local red chillies and I think the corn is not fat enough though . Anyway enjoy the fruits of your hard work with Mate

riviera said...

This is the beauty of planting, may it be vegetables, fruits or kids :)
Soon, we are going to harvest our investment in Stanford hehe ;p

Unknown said...

I also harvested my last batch of chili pepper today. I think the basil is going to die soon.