Saturday, February 10, 2007

tor tau pneah

Chinese new year is approaching, and of course, I would like some of my favorite tor tau pneah (groundnut cookies). Too bad no one is coming from Penang this year to bring us some traditional chinese new year goodies. I think this is the first time since I came to the US that we don't get an Eaton container packed with many different types of treats. But anyway, it's not too bad, since Lynn and PeiSun are organizing a Kuih Kapek and pineapple jam tart making party next Sunday. :) I am looking forward to that. Still, I had to satisty my tor tau pneah cravings, so I made some today using Aunty Michelle's recipe that is the best tor tau pneah recipe ever. It just melts in your mouth... :) Matt says he can't talk after he eat this cookie since it sucks all the saliva out of his mouth. Just imagine eating kuih bangkit! It's even drier!
Post a Comment