Tuesday, July 05, 2011

New 'night' life...

Alas, it has been a while, as usual. I started to write a post about my birth story last week, but never finished it... Choon Ping posted a short version of the story instead, and a feeding experience already.

So Wei Yang is now 4 weeks old. It’s quite funny and surprising to me that now I am still reminiscing about the whole labor thingy once in a while. I wouldn’t say that I enjoyed it... but it was quite an experience. :) Boy, I am GLAD that it was a super fast delivery; about 2.5 hours of labor, but only less than 30 minutes of active labor! Not long after the water broke, it was time to push. I couldn’t believe it... it DID feel like pooping. To me, that pooping feeling is worst than the contraction! I cursed the process and the pain, desperately wanted a way out. But I lived through it, and to be honest, it wasn’t that bad. In hindsight, it was an absolutely amazing experience, and I wouldn’t have done it any other way. Luckily, after 2 pushes he was out. It’s just too bad that Choon Ping and Merbie missed out the whole thing.

I just nursed Wei Yang about an hour ago. Choon Ping and Merbie are now sleeping. For some reason, Wei Yang has been having 1 ½ hour stretch of sleep when it is my shift taking care of him; either in the middle of the night or during day time. He had only one 3-hour stretch of sleeping since the past week. He can be very fussy, eats a lot, put on some weight (which is good!), and he has acne!! He’s very demanding indeed! Definitely cries a lot more, and louDER if he doesn’t get his food right away! With the frequency that he demands to be fed, all I can say is that my poor boobs has been ‘suffering’. Thanks to an extra help of Merbie and the rented hospital grade milk pumping machine, Wei Yang get to be feed via bottle by his dad and wai4 po2, so that my ‘assets’ could get some rest! :). ...as long as the milk supply is enough to be expressed.

Anyway, even with all the fuss, he is quite cute indeed, especially when he's sound asleep. :) It's late... I better go Zzz before the little one wakes up again soon.

No comments: